3. Return to Work Plan Element - Return to Work Planning
You must establish a Planning Protocol that:
- Is done in accordance with the section 89 of the Act (refer to Policy RE-02 “The Goal of Early and Safe and the Role of the Parties ”) and section 89.1 (refer to Policy RE-05 “Re-employment Obligation”) Your protocol must:
- Outline the steps to be followed from the time of injury to the completion of return-to-work and reflect Policy RE-18 (Hierarchy of Return-to-Work and Accommodation).
- Be supported by using the appropriate forms such as the Early and Safe Return-to-Work Plan or alternate form acceptable to the Commission to ensure that workers are involved in the development of the return-to-work plan.
- Indicate that confidential information is protected (refer to Policy RE-03 “Functional Abilities Information for return-to-work”).
- Demonstrate that employer communicates with the Commission as required by section 89 of the Act.