New enhanced connect security features
At WorkplaceNL, we are continuously working to enhance the security of the connect online system. We have now implemented a new one-time verification process when you login to connect.
What to do
Login as usual to connect with your username and password. You will be prompted to enter your email address. It must be a unique, separate email address for each person using connect.
We will then send you an email to confirm your address. Once confirmed, you will receive a second email with a verification code to complete your initial connect login. It’s that easy!
Enhancements also include increased user management functionality and an updated visual look for connect.
You can view a step-by-step instructional guide which outlines all of these changes by clicking here. If you require assistance, contact us at 709.778.1291 or toll free at 1.800.563.9000.
Annual Employer Statements web service for Employers, Accountants and Bookkeepers
The deadline for reporting has passed, however, employers can still submit their 2015 Annual Employer Statements online. We recommend that you take a few minutes and review the web demo before completing your annual employer statements.
An online service is also available for accounting and bookkeeping companies for submitting Annual Employer Statements for their clients. More information for Accountants and Bookkeepers.
Annual Employer Statement packages were mailed to employers in January and contain important information to help you file your statements online.
The AES package includes:
- Employer Payroll Statement
- Occupational Health and Safety Statement(s)
- Employer Contractor Statement
If your business is already registered to use connect, contact your in-house employer administrator to get set up for this service.
If your organization is not registered for connect, you can still submit your statements online by using the Access Code located in the top right hand corner of your Employer Payroll Statement.
Benefits of reporting through connect:
- Convenient and easy to use
- Secure submission
- Tools to help improve PRIME compliance
- Importing of contractor information
- Error checking
- Immediate confirmation of receipt
To use our web services, please refer to our useful tools section to ensure that you have all the required software updates to use our web portal.
2016 Maximum Compensable and Assessable Earnings (MCAE) limit raised to $62,540
On January 1, 2016, the maximum assessable and compensable earnings limit increased from $61,615 to $62,540. This amount is used by the Commission in determining the maximum benefits paid to injured workers and the maximum assessable earnings reported by employers.
Save money while boosting your safety culture with PRIME
The 2015 PRIME program is now underway. Follow these important tips to save money and boost the safety culture of your workplace next year:
- prevent injuries before they happen;
- meet your PRIME practice requirements;
- answer all applicable questions in the PRIME refund section of your Annual Employer Statement package;
- submit your Annual Employer Statements on time;
- submit your Occupational Health and Safety Committee minutes on time, if applicable;
- participate in all available early and safe return-to-work options;
- manage claims costs effectively so that PRIME costs are as low as possible; and
- if you are not receiving monthly PRIME Status Reports, complete a claim cost authorization form today.
Congratulations to all employers who received PRIME refunds!