Certificates accepted as equivalent to PRIME audit compliance include:
- OH&S audit compliance
- COR audit (construction)
- ISO 18001
- CSA Z1000
(or other equivalent audits may be considered by the selection committee)
- Passed PRIME audits conducted annually
- Compliance with OH&S legislative and regulatory requirements with no directives or charges outstanding*
- No charges laid under the OH&S Act within the last 3 years*
- No fatalities within the past 3 years*
- Three annual OH&S audit scores of 80 percent over a five year period
- Demonstrated focus on disability management and return to work of injured or ill employees and duration at or below provincial average
- Demonstrated OH&S leadership in the industry or community
* Nominations will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the selection committee. Additional information may be submitted to explain how the organization has improved in the area of health and safety since the occurrence of a charge or fatality.
Annual renewal of both membership levels will be based upon a review of the member’s continued adherence to the respective criteria.
The selection process will consist of a review of executive business leaders (such as those holding titles of CEO, President, Owner, Operator, etc.) who have been nominated and/or selected based on their commitment to healthy and safe workplaces. Recognition events will be scheduled at each of the selected CEO’s workplaces enabling all workplace parties to participate in the recognition bestowed on their CEO by the Commission.
Nominations for the CEO Safety Charter can be made by self-nomination of a CEO, or via an employee, current signatory or the Commission.
For more information regarding the CEO Safety Charter, please contact:
Manager of CEO Safety Charter and Certification Training
t 778.1030 f 778.1587