CEO Safety Charter - Leaders in Safety
In 2007, the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission of Newfoundland and Labrador introduced the CEO Leadership Charter to support the continuous improvement of healthy and safe workplaces throughout our province. As ambassadors for safer workplaces, CEO Leadership Charter signatories have demonstrated their commitment to the prevention of accidents and promotion of health and safety in the workplace.
In 2012, the Commission is re-launching a revitalized CEO Safety Charter program for the Province. This elite program will continue to recognize and encourage leaders who demonstrate a commitment to improvements in safety practices, disability management, and fostering healthy and safe workplaces throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
View the Videos below to find out the CEO Safety Charter got its start and listen to what some of our signatories say about the importance of healthy and safe workplaces.
Charter members subscribe to the principles of workplace health and safety by:
- integrating health and safety principles into their business strategies;
- controlling workplace health and safety risks;
- continuing to improve health and safety practices and disability management within their organization;
- encouraging full health and safety participation of all employees; and
- fostering a province-wide health and safety culture through community involvement such as mentoring other organizations as they implement health and safety workplace practices, seeking opportunities for public speaking engagements to promote healthy and safe workplaces, developing best practice standards, participating in leadership forums, etc.
Consider making the pledge to keep our people safe … one employer at a time.
How to Apply
How to become a Safety Leader
(CEO Safety Charter video)
CEO Safety Charter Signatories
Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission CEO Leslie Galway speaks about her role as an executive in promoting a safe workplace culture...view video
Newfoundland Power’s President and Chief Executive Officer Earl Ludlow speaks about safety while working near power lines...view video
Newfoundland and Labrador Nurses’ Union President Debbie Forward discusses the employee and employer’s roles in the prevention of occupational diseases...view video
Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Safety Association CEO Jackie Manuel discusses the importance of proper fall protection training and equipment...view video