CEO Safety Charter - Leaders in Safety
In 2007, the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission of Newfoundland and Labrador introduced the CEO Leadership Charter to support the continuous improvement of healthy and safe workplaces throughout our province. As ambassadors for safer workplaces, CEO Leadership Charter signatories have demonstrated their commitment to the prevention of accidents and promotion of health and safety in the workplace.
In 2012, the Commission is re-launching a revitalized CEO Safety Charter program for the Province. This elite program will continue to recognize and encourage leaders who demonstrate a commitment to improvements in safety practices, disability management, and fostering healthy and safe workplaces throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
Charter members subscribe to the principles of workplace health and safety by:
- integrating health and safety principles into their business strategies;
- controlling workplace health and safety risks;
- continuing to improve health and safety practices and disability management within their organization;
- encouraging full health and safety participation of all employees; and
- fostering a province-wide health and safety culture through community involvement such as mentoring other organizations as they implement health and safety workplace practices, seeking opportunities for public speaking engagements to promote healthy and safe workplaces, developing best practice standards, participating in leadership forums, etc.
Consider making the pledge to keep our people safe … one employer at a time.
How to Apply